Who is Prevent Child Abuse Delaware?
Prevent Child Abuse Delaware (PCAD) is a non-profit organization that has been providing
leadership for child abuse prevention activities since 1978. PCAD offers resources and training to
make sure every child has a safe and nurturing childhood free of abuse and neglect.
In addition to providing education and raising awareness about prevention, the following are
just some of the programs that are offered throughout Delaware.
- Personal safety education programs for school children
- Child sexual abuse prevention through the Stewards of Children Program
- Education efforts focusing on partnering with parents and strengthening families
- Training workshops for home visitors, foster parents and child care providers
- Advocacy and public awareness activities to promote community involvement and support